Armanitola Government High School
Armanitola Government High School was founded in 1904 in Dhaka as an experimental school of the lone Teachers Training College (TTC) of erstwhile East Bengal. The school is located at 1, Abdul Khairat Road, Armanitola in Dhaka. The school building, made of red bricks in British architectural design has wooden staircase. There are two large playgrounds, one in front of and the other in behind the century-old school building. The gallery and library built at that time still exist in good condition.
In 1996, the school got recognition as one of the best national level educational institutions. Students of the school sequel top places including the first position in the public examinations almost every year since its inception. Under the present examination system cent percent students come out successfully getting GPA-5 almost in every year. In the SSC Examination held in 2009, two government high schools of Dhaka city including this one successfully achieved the cent percent pass percentage.
At present (2010), there are 1900 students and 55 teachers in this school. The school provides education to students from class three to ten. The first Head Master of Armanitola Government High School was JE Whitekar. [Tanjil Ashraf]