Patisar a village in Naogaon district and is noted for being associated with rabindranath tagore as a zamindar. It is situated on the banks of the Nagor, 12 kilometres south-east of the Atrai railway station and 26 kilometres from the district town. The kachari of the Tagore family's zamindari in Kaligram Pargana was located at Patisar. dwarkanath tagore, the grandfather of Rabindranath Tagore, purchased this zamindari in 1830. Rabindranath Tagore first came to Patisar in January 1891. The architectural design of the two-storied Kuthibari of Patisar is similar to that of Shilaidaha-Shahjadpur. The buildings, adjacent to the main mansion, are now reduced to debris. A pond, named Rabindrasarobar, is now a silted up marsh.
During his stay at Patisar, Tagore composed many of his creative works. Rabindranath Tagore established in the village a primary school, a High English school called Rathindranath High School, a charitable dispensary, and Patisar Krishi Bank (1905). He established at Patisar a co-operative society for the development of agriculture, handloom, and pottery. In 1921, when the zamindari was divided, Patisar went to Rabindranath's share. When the poet was awarded the Nobel Prize, the tenants of Patisar felicitated him with an address of honour (1913). On the request of his tenants, Tagore visited Patisar in 1937 for the last time on the occasion of punya. Patisar is now a tourist spot. On the occasions of Tagore's birth and death anniversaries, discussion meetings and cultural functions are held at Patisar. [Ahmed Rafique]