Yusufganj Mosque is situated at village Yusufganj in sonargaon upazila of narayanganj district, about 500 meter to the west of the Mograpara crossing of the Dhaka-Chittagong highway and about 1000 meter to the east of Dargabari on the northern side of the road that leads to Mograpara. The mosque is now in a renovated condition, and although much of its original features have been lost, its antiquity can be traced back to the 15th century in view of it's having some characteristics of sultanate architecture.
The mosque is a square building measuring 9 meter a side in the exterior and 5.5 meter in the interior. There are three entrances on the east of which the central one is wider (1.2 meter wide), the side ones being 86 cm wide. The original entrances on the north and south have now been turned into windows. The pointed arches of the entrances have lost their original shape due to plastering, and the original curved cornice has now been straightened. Of the three mihrabs in the interior, the central one being projected outside with a half dome, and the side mihrabs are now converted into shelves. The dome of the mosque is carried on squinches, and its outer merlon decoration appears to be modern.
Extensive renovation has given the mosque a modern look. Both the interior and exterior have been plastered, lime washed and painted, thereby obliterating all original decorations. The mosque is extended by pucca roofed closed verandas on the south and east sides. Grilled windows are placed on the walls. A staircase has been added in the southwest corner. The mosque is presently being used as a jami mosque. [Muazzam Hussain Khan]