Dhaka News, The
Dhaka News, The weekly periodical, first published on 18 April 1856. It appeared every Saturday and cost two annas per copy. Annual subscription was two and a half rupees. Though its focus was mainly indigo, with its title at one time including the words 'Planters'; Journal, it also included regional news and published letters. It was edited by Alexander Forbes, who subsequently edited the Harkara.
The periodical initially consisted of one page only, but then expanded to four pages and finally to eight. Supplements were also published on current market rates. The magazine was printed at Dhaka Press. Its management changed on 30 October 1858 and publication stopped in 1869. [Muntassir Mamoon]