Abdul Hamid Mosque
Abdul Hamid Mosque situated at village Goaldi in Sonargaon thana of Narayanganj district, at a short distance to the northeast of goaldi mosque. It was built in 1705 AD (1116 AH) as evidenced by an inscription, and attributed to one Abdul Hamid Shah who lays buried close by in a mausoleum.
It was originally a single domed square structure with four engaged octagonal corner towers, built typically in the Mughal style. The mosque measures 5.02 meter square inside and 6.75 meter square outside. There are three entrances in the east, of which the middle one is the largest, and one entrance each on the south and north sides.
The mosque has been renovated several times with a permanent pucca extension on the east, and further enlarged by temporary tin-shed verandas on the east, north and south sides. Renovation and extension have given the mosque a modern look. It is presently being used as a jami mosque. [Muazzam Hussain Khan]