Tuberculosis Control and Training Institute
Tuberculosis Control and Training Institute established initially as a TB hospital at Chankherpool, Dhaka by the government of the then East Pakistan in 1953. It was subsequently transformed into a specialized hospital-cum-training institute for the control and prevention of tuberculosis. Besides pathological and X-ray facilities, about 200 out-door patients are treated daily and get specialist's advice. The Superintendent is the chief executive, and is assisted by nine full-time doctors, two nurses, and seven paramedics.
The institute has Diagnostic and curative sections, with well-equipped pathological laboratory, Radiology department and a department of social welfare. There are provisions to help the poor patients from funds raised by the 'Patients Benevolent Association a voluntary organisation under the Department of Social Welfare. [Tanjina Khan Munni]
See also tuberculosis.